[CP2K-user] [CP2K:11034] reg. energy contributions

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Dec 11 13:03:10 UTC 2018

Hi

in qs_ks_methods.F the call to pw_poisson_solve (PW part of electrostatic potential)
calculates the soft density contribution to the Hartree energy.

This would be E_H[ \tilde n + \tilde n_0].

In the current implementation we work only with one compensation charge, i.e. the
two charges n_0 and \tilde n_0 are the same. With this the last term in Eq 23 is zero.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland