Mpi installation and fortran compiler mismatch

Travis polla... at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:32:49 UTC 2018

The format of module files produced by different Fortran compilers changes
pretty rapidly and the MPI .mod files may be unreadable by the version of
Fortran you are now using to compile CP2K. As the warning message implies,
you need to add '-D__HAS_NO_MPI_MOD' to your arch file along with your
other DFLAGS to resolve the conflict.

More on that here, https://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/sw/gfortran.html

I think Alfio is correct that you can ignore it if the compilation runs
correctly otherwise and generates a functioning executable. However, if you
see this warning and your compilation is breaking... it may be something to
consider.