how to determine the cutoff and exponent number in defining the coordination

wangxi... at gmail.com wangxi... at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:18:38 UTC 2018

Dear Cp2K users:

I am now trying to do some calculation following the reaction coordinate.
In the definition of coordination, I don't quite understand how to
determine the most suitable exponent number and cutoff in the equation. I
have also read the articles of Spirk, 1998. In my understanding, the cutoff
should be considered as the maximum distance for a efficient coordination
from the central ion. Is it right?

Secondly, the default exponent numbers nn and nd in the equation below are
6, 12, respectively. For a specific system, how can we determine the
exponent number nn and nd. Many thanks in advance.

[image: K73O$K)EGH1RC_8}86TCD at O.png] <about:invalid#zClosurez>
Xinyu