changing amount of pinned memory cp2k asks for

Ada Sedova ada.a.... at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 21:38:23 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a HPC system that previously had no problems running the
2048 water LS-DFT benchmark with GPU support, as long as I only used 8
ranks per node. It's OLCF Titan, so there's not a lot of memory to start
with.

Recently they upgraded the OS and the CUDA drivers, and now not only will
my old binary not work, but any build I try also has the problem that acc_hostmem_alloc_raw
exits with acc_hostmem_alloc_raw: Could not allocate host pinned memory.

cudaHostAlloc works just fine in a stand-alone script. I'm trying to figure
out if there's a way to change how much memory CP2K allocates on the host
as pinned memory for CUDA.

Thanks!