[CP2K:10615] Clarification for the BSSE printed energies

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Aug 16 11:50:58 UTC 2018

Hi

there is something wrong in your example. This is how it should be
for two fragments.

CP2K does 5 calculations at the given geometry:
Calculation    Fragment       Basis
    1             1 0           1 0
    2             0 1           0 1
    3             1 0           1 1
    4             0 1           1 1
    5             1 1           1 1

The printed 1-body energies are the ones of calculations 1 and 2
2-body contribution (and BSSE correction) is (1+2)-(3+4)
and total energy CP corrected is 5+BSSE correction.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland