Equilibration in NVT MD run

M. Brehm brehmin... at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 21:00:41 UTC 2018

Dear Raghav,

I could imagine that this effect is due to the "TEMP_TOL   100" line.
Please try to comment out this line.

Apart from that, a thermostat time constant of 100 fs is relatively weak
for an early equilibration. If there is much change in the structure of the
system, the coupling of the thermostat might simply be too weak. I
recommend to use a lower value (e.g. "TIMECON 20") in the early
equilibration stages. The value of 100 fs is fine for production runs or
late equilibration.

One more comment: Your time step of 1.0 fs is fairly large for a system
which contains hydrogen atoms. This is always a matter of taste, but I
would go for 0.5 fs if hydrogens are involved. Otherwise, the integration
error might become significant, leading to a drifting conserved quantity.

Best regards,
Martin