spin polarised calculation with MOF-74

Fernan Saiz fsai... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:49:49 UTC 2018

Hi all,
I would like to run spin polarised calculations with a system made of
MOF-74 and a FeO group. In particular, I am interested in studying the
triplet and quintet spin configurations of the Fe atom. However, it is not
clear to me that if I use the keyword MULTIPLICITY 5 to run a quintet
calculation (see attached input files), CP2k would automatically assign
this spin to the Fe atom. This situation is specially problematic as I have
to use a supercell 1x1x2 configuration with at least 36 Fe atoms.
Therefore, I would like to ask if CP2k allows to manually set the spin of
one atom or orbital.

Best regards,
 - Fernan Saiz, PhD
 Department of Chemistry