RT_propagation fails with hybrids

Ivan Infante iinf... at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:19:27 UTC 2018

Dear developers,

   I am trying to use real time propagation with HSE06 hybrid functional
and ADMM (purification NONE) as I understand this combination should work.
The behavior is however quite strange.
The total energy from the SCF run is: -991.47346020138787
But as soon as the RTP module starts, in the first iteration, I get:

Information at iteration step:           1
  Total electronic density (r-space):        -492.0000000259
-0.0000000259
  Total energy:
-714.49780714995893
  Energy difference to initial state:
-0.14086828231871
  Convergence:
0.149132E+00

The total energy fell of about 200 Hartrees. With GGA/PBE functional the
total energies are the same.
I have also tried a few combinations of propagators and algorithms for the
rtp, but I get the same problem.

I was wondering if you have any clues (it looks like a bug) and if this
problem was fixed already. Unfortunately, I can only work with the 3.0  and
4.1 versions of cp2k.

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Ivan