DO_RAMAN with gga

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:08:32 UTC 2018

Hi,

you need to apply smoothing to the XC derivative part of the calculation.
For instance

      &XC_GRID
         XC_DERIV NN50_SMOOTH
      &END

https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-5_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/XC/XC_GRID.html#XC_SMOOTH_RHO

I think this is just a legacy requirement.

Note that this will effectively slightly change you XC functional, so do not compare total energies with calculations with different smoothing parameters.

See the original QS paper for more details.

Matt