QMMM - MM atom as link atom to two QM atoms?

ganta.pra... at gmail.com ganta.pra... at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 14:45:38 UTC 2018

Dear CP2K users/team,

I am trying to do QMMM simulation of diaspore surface as shown in figure
below. I want to do QMMM simulation using LINK atoms approach and I defined
top layer as QM and bottom layer as MM.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-So3vZMWbbms/WseGz0N-B-I/AAAAAAAADs0/oWonQtbGNdc0bjkpb396C_fsWp17cOzvwCLcBGAs/s1600/qmmm_edit.png>
 When I assign QM1 and MM, QM2 and MM as links in LINK section I got below
error.

 *   ___
   *

 *  /   \
    *

 * [ABORT]
   *

 *  \___/                             CPASSERT failed
    *

 *    |
    *

 *  O/|
    *

 * /| |
    *

 * / \
qmmm_init.F:1118 *

 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====

            2 qmmm_env_create

            1 CP2K

But when I define link section with QM1 atom and MM atom only, the
simulation is running (may be not accurate) and also if I define QM2 atom
with MM atom only then the simulation is running. But when I define both I
get the error mentioned above.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Have a nice weekend.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasanth.