[CP2K:9447] Re: Hybrid functional calculation results show large difference with VASP

Xiaoming Wang wxia... at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 07:25:25 UTC 2017

Hi,

I agree with you that the problem is most likely due to the ADMM basis, and
more tests shows that it is the ADMM basis of In and Ag causing the large
discrepancy. Maybe the problem of d orbitals?  I tested PBE0 calculations
of NaCl, CsCl, AgCl, and InCl3 by CP2K and VASP. The band gap of both NaCl
and CsCl show quite small difference between the two codes, say ~0.01-0.02
eV. However, AgCl and InCl3 exhibit relative larger discrepancy, with AgCl
0.16 eV discrepancy and InCl3 0.18 eV, CP2K results of both are smaller
than VASP.  For my system, I have both Ag and In, so I think the errors
added up.  Any advice on how to improve the ADMM basis set?

Best,

Xiaoming