Hybrid functional calculation results show large difference with VASP

Xiaoming Wang wxia... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 14:45:57 UTC 2017

Hi Marcella,

What do you mean by the 'smaller version'? If you are meaning a smaller
basis set for ABS, I did the test. To my surprise, the results don't change
much when I go to the smallest ABS, say cFIT3 for Cl, cFIT9 for Ag and In,
cFIT7 for Cs. Is this behavior reasonable?

Without ADMM, it seems that the computation would take extremely long time
with the same cpu cores. With ADMM, I can finish the calculation within
couple of minutes. However, without ADMM, it has taken me almost one hour
and the first OT step hasn't even appear in the output. Does this sounds
reasonable as well?

Best,
Xiaoming