DFTB3 within QM/MM simulations

Jadzia c.gor... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 04:35:25 UTC 2017

I have contacted one of the developers of DFTB3. He has also much
experience with DFTB3 QM/MM water simulations, and he said that even though
DFTB3 has a few problems with water, these should not cause them to fall
apart.

Therefore there seem to be two possibilities:

   1. Something is wrong with the setup.
   2. There is a bug in CP2K.

I have tried my best to check if something is wrong with the setup, but I
couldn't find anything. Also, I have run a lot of simulations with
different settings.
If it is a bug in CP2K I cannot tell, this might be a question for the
developers.

Best wishes,
Jadzia