Fully periodic QM/MM simulations

Jadzia c.gor... at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 15:01:15 UTC 2017

Hi Yingchun,

thank you so much for your answer, I'm really glad about any comments.

Before I switched to QM/MM I have run a lot MM simulations of the same
system, and they run all fine.

The first E_COUPL which I wanted to try was GAUSS as you had suggest,
however CP2K rejected my request telling me E_COUPL=GAUSS is not
implemented for DFTB.

As you seemed to indicate, I also guess that the electron spillout problem
might be the cause. Closely related I could also imagine that the problem
might be caused by some other electrostatic related issue.

What would you try next to find the cause or a solution?

Many thanks,
Jadzia