[CP2K:9374] Re: building cp2k 4.1 on a cray with cuda: DBCSR issues

Ada Sedova ada.a.... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 13:49:11 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

Thanks, no that typo was just in the email, here is the arch file I used:

NVCC     = nvcc
CC       = cc
CPP      =
FC       = ftn
LD       = ftn
AR       = ar -r
CPPFLAGS =
DFLAGS   = -D__FFTW3 -D__parallel -D__SCALAPACK -D__PW_CUDA -D__ACC
 -D__DBCSR_ACC
FCFLAGS  = -O2 -fopenmp -ffree-form -D__FFTW3 -D__parallel -D__SCALAPACK
-D__PW_CUDA -D__ACC -D__DBCSR_ACC
CFLAGS   = -D__FFTW3 -D__parallel -D__SCALAPACK -D__PW_CUDA -D__ACC
-D__DBCSR_ACC
LDFLAGS  = $(FCFLAGS)
NVFLAGS  = $(DFLAGS) -O2 -arch sm_35
LIBS     = -lfftw3 -lfftw3_threads
LIBS    += -lcudart -lcublas -lcufft

For the other issue, for the version without the DBCSR, it was this:

NVCC     = nvcc
CC       = cc
CPP      =
FC       = ftn
LD       = ftn
AR       = ar -r
CPPFLAGS =
DFLAGS   = -D__FFTW3 -D__parallel -D__SCALAPACK -D__PW_CUDA
FCFLAGS  = -O2 -fopenmp -ffree-form -D__FFTW3 -D__parallel -D__SCALAPACK
-D__PW_CUDA
CFLAGS   = -D__FFTW3 -D__parallel -D__SCALAPACK -D__PW_CUDA
LDFLAGS  = $(FCFLAGS)
NVFLAGS  = $(DFLAGS) -O2 -arch sm_35
LIBS     = -lfftw3 -lfftw3_threads
LIBS    += -lcudart -lcublas -lcufft

I also tried without any PW_CUDA. In both cases where I don't ask for
DBCSR, it builds, but I get that strange out-of range subscript warning
that refers to a libcusmm function, (many times), which is also strange
because it shouldn't be building that with DBCSR off, right?

Thanks so much for your help,
Ada