The energy of the whole system in a QMMM simulation

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 09:14:30 UTC 2017

The line I suggested _is_ the total energy QM + MM + QM-MM

If you set print level medium you should see something like

 QMMM| Evaluating forces on MM atoms due to the:
 QMMM| - QM/MM Coupling computed collocating the Gaussian Potential
Functions.
 QMMM| QM/MM Nuclear Electrostatic Potential :
 -0.210189515
 QMMM| QMMM Total Energy (QM + QMMM electronic + QMMM nuclear):
-694.056114328
 QMMM| MM energy NOT included in the above term! Check for:  FORCE_EVAL (
QMMM )
 QMMM| that includes both QM, QMMM and MM energy terms!

 ENERGY| Total FORCE_EVAL ( QMMM ) energy (a.u.):
-696.223035107415399

Which gives the energy with and without the MM energy - so you can figure
out the MM energy.