Release of CP2K version 5.1

Matthias Krack matthia... at psi.ch
Tue Oct 24 13:26:11 UTC 2017

Dear CP2K users

we are pleased to announce the release of the CP2K version 5.1 (October 24,
2016) <http://www.cp2k.org/news>.

The CP2K source code version 5.1 can be downloaded from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cp2k/

as a bzipped archive file including test inputs and tools.

Further download information about SVN access or Linux distros can be found
here <http://www.cp2k.org/download>.

Pre-compiled CP2K binaries can be downloaded from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cp2k/files/precompiled/

for a quick test. These binaries should work on all boxes running a recent
Linux version.

The corresponding input description is available via

http://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-5_1-branch/

A list of the new features with respect to the previous CP2K version 4.1
can be checked here

http://www.cp2k.org/version_history

We invite you to report any issue here on this list or in case of a
confirmed bug, you may also use the bug tracker

http://sourceforge.net/p/cp2k/bugs/

The CP2K web page <http://www.cp2k.org> is extended and improved
continuously. You may find there for instance various tutorials
<http://www.cp2k.org/tutorials> (e.g. how-to compile CP2K) and a FAQ
<http://www.cp2k.org/faq> page.

Developers and users interested in contributing to the CP2K development may
find further information here. <https://www.cp2k.org/dev>

We hope that you will enjoy the new CP2K release.

Best regards

The CP2K developers team <http://sourceforge.net/p/cp2k/_members/>