Segmentation fault with gcc 7.2.0

Alfio Lazzaro alfio.... at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 13:04:33 UTC 2017

Hello Anton,
I can't reproduce your error...
The only difference in my arch file with respect yours is that you use MKL,
while I use openblas...

I have a couple of naive suggestions, probably they are useless:

1)  I would start by including TRACE in the input file GLOBAL section, i.e.

&GLOBAL

 PROJECT     GRAD_H2O_gpw
 PRINT_LEVEL LOW
 RUN_TYPE    GEO_OPT
 TRACE
&END GLOBAL

In this way, you can get the last CP2K function before the crash.

2) Have you tried another GNU compiler? I wonder if it is something related
to the 7.2...

3) Could you try without MKL, using openblas?

Sorry, I cannot help you more...

Alfio