restarting NPT MD

Luca luca.d... at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 20:08:56 UTC 2017

Dear Marcella

thank you for your answer. Putting RESTART DEFAULTS T fixes the oscillation
in the average pressure.
However, I am still not able to restart an NPT_F from the NPT_I. I also
added the key RESTART_CELL T,
but just after the first scf -loop I get the error

MD_ENERGIES| Initialization proceeding

 ******************************** GO CP2K GO!
**********************************
 INITIAL POTENTIAL ENERGY[hartree]     =
 -0.220770726164E+04
 INITIAL KINETIC ENERGY[hartree]       =
0.403768735935E+00
 INITIAL TEMPERATURE[K]                =
 284.281
 INITIAL BAROSTAT TEMP[K]              =
0.482402310612E+02
 INITIAL PRESSURE[bar]                 =
 -0.416980916246E+04
 INITIAL VOLUME[bohr^3]                =
0.223680134131E+05
 INITIAL CELL LNTHS[bohr]   =      0.2817577E+02   0.2817577E+02
 0.2817577E+02
 INITIAL CELL ANGLS[deg]    =      0.9000000E+02   0.9000000E+02
 0.9000000E+02
 ******************************** GO CP2K GO!
**********************************

 *   ___
   *
 *  /   \
    *
 * [ABORT]
   *
 *  \___/                        Error in diagonalisation
    *
 *    |
    *
 *  O/|
    *
 * /| |
    *
 * / \
common/eigenvalueproblems.F:88 *

which is a bit odd considering that I use the OT algorithm.
I also tried the restart by reducing the time step from 0.5 to 0.1 fs but I
always get the same error.
If I leave the keyword NPT_I in my input everything goes fine.
Any ideas...?

Best Regards
Luca

 ===== Routine Calling Stack =====