Model fails quickly with segmentation fault

Faraz H fa... at squashclub.org
Thu Oct 5 15:03:25 UTC 2017

Upon more investigation it seems the segmentation fault depends on the
number of mpiranks and OMP_NUM_THREADS. As I play with those number the
simulation progresses to different stages. But it still eventually fails .

Does this suggest some openmpi bug? Or more likely a bug with cp2k?

I also found the same problem when running the regression tests. Certain
test models would fail depending on the values I chose for mpiranks and
OMP_NUM_THREADS. Is there some guideline how to best choose those? My
machines have 20 cpus each.