[CP2K:9622] The charge set for QM/MM simulation in CP2K

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Sun Nov 5 20:13:41 UTC 2017

Hi

1) you can use counter ions or let CP2K automatically use a uniform
   background charge. Both approaches have their unique problems.
2) Standard QM/MM works with a fixed QM system. This is for some good
   reason. The adaptive QM/MM is an innovative approach to avoid some
   shortcomings of this approach. However, it introduces other problems.
   In the current implementation, changing the total charge of the subsystems
   is not possible.

regards

Juerg Hutter
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland