overlap matrix failure

Fernan Saiz fsai... at gmail.com
Wed May 10 10:03:06 UTC 2017

Hello CP2k developers,
I am trying to minimise the geometry of 2x2x2 molecules of
triethoxyvinylsilane. Unfortunately, once the wavefunction is first
minimised, cp2k/5.0.17657 crashes showing an error message on the building
of the overlap matrix. I have tried different functionals and basis, and
removing the OT subsection, but I still get the same error. I was wondering
if I could get any suggestions to solve this problem. This problem only
goes away if I run it with one molecule using a cubic simulation cell with
a side length of 0.7616 nm.

 *
___                                                                       *
 *  /
\                                                                      *
 *
[ABORT]
*
 *  \___/                             CPASSERT
failed                          *
 *
|                                                                        *
 *
O/|                                                                        *
 * /|
|                                                                        *
 * / \
qs_overlap.F:360 *