Evaluate phase stability of a material.

ashish dabral ashishd... at gmail.com
Wed May 3 12:35:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

I would like to know how I can find if a particular material phase is
stable or not.
I have a material, say A, that shows layers of some phase B inside A in the
form
of lamellae. B can be monolayers or more but mostly A appears in the
growth.
I would like to know how I can test the stability of the phase B using CP2K?
I just want to know if B can really exist on its own or is an intermediate
phase between
A and some other form of the same material C.

The question seems rather general but I am looking for a general procedure
to develop
a routine for testing such a scenario.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.