How to Control CP2K output file generation?

Anthony Debellis adebe... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 20:33:07 UTC 2017

I have been running a metadynamics calculation with the enclosed input
sections.  As the run progresses, restart files are generated every 500
steps.  From the input I would guess that they should be generated every
10000 steps because of the input:

&RESTART

&EACH

MD 10000

&END

&END

The corresponding section for trajectory output is similar:

&TRAJECTORY

&EACH

MD 50

&END

&END

and the trajectory file contains coordinates dumped every 50 steps (as I
would expect).

Furthermore, at the start of the run, the HILLS.metadynLog files are
created first at 150 steps, and every 150 steps thereafter until 2150, at
which point no additional files are created even though the simulation
continues to run (presently at 10900 steps) as can be seen in the .ener
file.  In addition, the HILLS files each contain exactly one line.  I would
like a single HILLS file that contains each step.

I obviously do not understand how to control cp2k's output.  The
documentation does not help.  Can someone please explain the correct use of
the keywords to control output?  (For example, what does
COMMON_ITERATION_LEVELS mean?)

Anthony

&MOTION

&MD