[CP2K:8806] very long calculation time

Amin amin.jaf... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 10:57:14 UTC 2017

Thank you very much for your swift reply.
I am replicating a calculation that has been done previously by VASP. at
first I tried to calculate adsorption energy with 48 atoms in my supercell,
but there was a major difference between my results and the previous one.
Then I modified my structure to include more atoms. I'll try to apply your
suggestions but I also attach my complete input file in case that it might
help to give a better perspective.
-Because of this point that calculation stopped after reaching the
wall-time, I set the new input file to use the Restart wave-function. But
I'm not sure that it's been done correctly! Sorry if my questions are so
rudimentary!
I sincerely appreciate your time and considerations.

&GLOBAL
  PROJECT  Chemisorption-newconf
  RUN_TYPE GEO_OPT
  PRINT_LEVEL LOW
  EXTENDED_FFT_LENGTHS
&END GLOBAL

&FORCE_EVAL
  METHOD Quickstep
  &DFT
    WFN_RESTART_FILE_NAME Chemisorption-newconf-RESTART.wfn
    BASIS_SET_FILE_NAME  BASIS_MOLOPT
    POTENTIAL_FILE_NAME  GTH_POTENTIALS
    LSD
    CHARGE 0