[CP2K:9147] Modeling electrostatic response in classical MD for metal-liquid interface

Dorothea Golze dorothe... at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 22 09:59:59 UTC 2017

Dear  Prasenjit,

just to clarify, the section SIEPMANN
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2_5-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/MM/FORCEFIELD/NONBONDED/SIEPMANN.html
yields the
the third term of v2, Equation (1), and the term v3, Equation(4), in J.
Chem. Phys. 102, 1995, 511. The first two terms of Equation (1),
*T1=A/rij^alpha
and T2=-C/rij^6, *have to be given via the GENPOT section. As already said,
image charges are not included by this keyword. A valid setup for water on
a metal surface, e.g. Pt, would be:

treating water by QM and switching on IMAGE_CHARGE, which describes the
electrostatic interactions between molecule and surface. The
non-electrostatic MM-based interactions between H2O and Pt can be given by
the sections SIEPMANN and GENPOT as described above. And the metal is
purely MM, constrained or described for example by an EAM forcefield.

Best regards,
Dorothea