[CP2K:9130] cutoff value optimization question

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Tue Jun 20 12:20:28 UTC 2017

Hi

this is a recurring question in this mailing list. Have a look at previous discussions for additional insight.

The problem is related to the handling of real space grids and the assignment of basis functions to these grids.
If you want to see a more or less smooth convergence using the single cutoff value you have to disable multiple
grids (NGRIDS 1).
An expert usage of multiple grids with special settings of
- CUTOFF
- REL_CUTOFF
- NGRIDS
- MULTIGRID_CUTOFF
can also be used, but requires insight into the algorithms used.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp... at googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp2k <cp... at googlegroups.com>