How to check for spin contamination in CP2K

Vladimir Rybkin rybk... at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 10:33:25 UTC 2017

Dear Natalie,

there is spin control in CP2K when spin-unrestricted calculations are
performed with integer occupation numbers for the orbitals, i.e. with
default settings.
It looks like this:

Integrated absolute spin density  :
1.0205992811
Ideal and single determinant S**2 :                    0.750000
0.750495

 You are probably using smearing. In any case, your input and output would
help to figure out what happens.

Your,

Vladimir

воскресенье, 11 июня 2017 г., 2:10:42 UTC+2 пользователь Natalie Austin