Issue with Mg cell optimization

fquesada feliped... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:18:12 UTC 2017

Dear CP2K users,

I am working on a model of magnesium and I am interested in relaxing the
cell parameters of the unit cell. I wrote a code to perform the cell
optimization, but I am having the following issues with it:

1) the energy values are not converging properly during the optimization
procedure, and

2) the sum of forces on the atoms is never reaches zero.

I have tried modifying different parameters in my code (such as the CUTOFF,
REL_CUTOFF, KPOINTS, EPS_SCF, ADDED_MOS, and even a different unit cell),
but the problems still persist. I attached the code below for reference. I
am clueless as to why these issues persist and I would really appreciate
any help on the matter.

Thank you in advance for the response.

Cheers,

Felipe