MD simulation: print contributions to total energy (bonds, angles, etc.)

Christian Leitold christia... at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 23:17:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

Once again I have a very simple question, namely, how to output the
different energy contributions in a classical MD simulation. I have just
set up a very simple simulation containing two water molecules (TIP4P).
Since this is a rigid molecule, only non-bonded LJ and electrostatic
interactions should contribute to the total potential energy, but not
bonds, angles, and dihedrals (at the very least, all these interactions
should be constants for a rigid molecule). My question is, how can I check
the different contributions to the potential energy? Unfortunately, I could
not find this neither in the documentation nor when googling it.

Thanks,
Christian