Distorted optimized structure (FeOOH) while GEO_OPT.

ganta.pra... at gmail.com ganta.pra... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 17:31:02 UTC 2017

Dear Matt W,

It is complete structure, I did not cut bulk to generate my surface. My
initial point is the optimized bulk structure.

I have also built structure from the FeOOH unit cell and I have done slab
simulation. The same distortion is happening.

I dont think that this is due to symmetry or polarity (I am not 100% sure
:) ). I am new to CP2K and QM and if you suggest some literature on how to
check the stability of the structure before proceeding with simulations,
that will be great for me.

Thank you for the reply. If you have any other suggestions, do let me know.

Regards,
Prasanth.