geometry optimization of Na slab

Hongliu yanghon... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:41:39 UTC 2017

Dear Matt,

it really helps! Now the structure changes indeed. What could be the reason
for that?

But it changes too much :(.  For a 3-layer (111) slab I fixed the first
layer and the upper layer becomes a mass after a while. BTW, for the cell
optimization of Na bcc crystal structure I got always a disordered state.
This was also reported by Aniruddha Dive at this post:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cp2k/aHejgB31V7s.

My input files for the cell optimization are attached. Any suggestions for
that? Thanks!

Best wishes,
Hongliu