error when restarting an AIMD simulation with periodic efield

Laurent Joly ljoly... at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 17:14:46 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I've been trying to run AIMD simulations using the PERIODIC_EFIELD section
(I'm using CP2K 4.1 compiled with gfortran and ACML). The first simulation
goes fine, but when I try to restart the simulation I get this error:

 CPASSERT failed  in  cp_control_utils.F:354

Looking into the source code, the test failing concerns real time
propagation:
! periodic fields don't work with RTP
         CPASSERT(.NOT. do_rtp)

but apart from adding a restart section at the beginning of the input file
I didn't change anything, and in particular I didn't (willingly) changed
the RTP parameters.

Please find enclosed a simple example that reproduces the problem, with
input and ouput files (folder 1 is the first simulation that works, folder
2 is the one that fails).

Is there something I could do to avoid this error?

Best regards,
Laurent