Comparison with Gaussian DFT calculation

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:44:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

you need to turn off periodicity in both the CELL section (which controls
the generation of atoms), and in the POSSION section, where electrostatics
are calculated.

&POISSON
   PSOLVER WAVELET
   PERIODIC NONE
&END

and periodic none in the CELL section. Your molecule needs to be in the
center of the cell, not near the edges.

For a molecule that is not very polar, the artifacts from running
periodically vs isolated should go very quickly as the box size increases.

Matt