[CP2K:8592] imaginary frequencies of water dimer even with tight convergence parameters

Ali KACHMAR ali.kac... at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:13:16 UTC 2017

Hi Luis,

BTW, The one water molecule is not also straight forward. But, I can assure
you if you do for one water molecule you will do for 2, 3, 4 molecules.

Don't be surprised! Getting negative frequencies is quite common not only
in cp2k, but also in other DFT codes.

those are the frequencies for H2O
        2.165588
       64.392500
      146.662981
     1613.021758
     3717.933517
     3822.394550

You are not missing anything rather than you have to insist to get
converged geometries.

Best, Ali