[CP2K:8585] imaginary frequencies of water dimer even with tight convergence parameters

Ali KACHMAR ali.kac... at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:35:33 UTC 2017

Dear Luis,

1. a cutoff of 400 Ry is a bit low for geometry optimization + vibrational
frequency calculations on water systems. Please run your geometry
optimization with tight convergence and a cutoff=550 Ry, Relcutoff=70 Ry

2. Starting from the optimized geometry, please run your vibrational
analysis calculation using a DX=0.01, and add to the GEO_OPT section

  &GEO_OPT
    TYPE MINIMIZATION
    OPTIMIZER CG
  &END GEO_OPT