[CP2K:8553] error in computing dissociation energy

Vladimir Rybkin rybk... at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:34:16 UTC 2017

Once again:
ADF uses Slater-type orbitals, STO, (and no pseudopotentials). STOa are
more compact than Gaussians, smaller basis sets are needed for accurate
energies. So, you have:
1) pseudo/no pseudo
2) really different basis sets (and you don't specify which have been used
in ADF), which are a major source of discrepancies. In your table I see
that for CH3-CH3 ADF gives a number 4 times larger than CP2K and the
reference ...

Yours,

Vladimir

среда, 18 января 2017 г., 12:11:36 UTC+1 пользователь katarína stančiaková