Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

Stanislav Šimko stanisl... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:06:26 UTC 2017

Hi, since I observe what I believe is the same problem, I'd like to make
this thread alive again.
I tested installation from Fedora 25 repositories (cp2k version 3.0
svn:16458) on 2 notebooks, one with kernel 4.8.16 (8GB ram, 2-core CPU),
another with kernel 4.9.3 (20GB ram, 4-core cpu). On the one with kernel
4.9.3 I compiled the trunk version 17688 as well (requirements installed
from the repositories, see attached arch/Linux-x86-64-gfortran.popt
makefile). Both openmpi and mpich versions result in the same behavior.
Some calculations run seemingly OK, but when I tried
cp2k/tests/QS/regtest-hybrid-4 (or hybrid-2, I didn't try more) and try to
run tests there I get:

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
reference.

Backtrace for this error:
#0  0x7fcddd807e3a
#1  0x7fcddd80702d
#2  0x7fcddccfb98f
#3  0x0

output file ends with:

  Step     Update method      Time    Convergence         Total energy
 Change

  Trace(PS):                                    8.0000000000
  Electronic density on regular grids:         -7.9999964703
 0.0000035297
  Core density on regular grids:                7.9999969792
-0.0000030208
  Total charge density on r-space grids:        0.0000005089
  Total charge density g-space grids:           0.0000005089

  HFX_MEM_INFO| Est. max. program size before HFX [MiB]:
   80

Running the same test on our local cluster with trunk version 17176 goes
fine. I can try to compile and run newer version on our cluster if that
helps.
Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you
stano.