drift of center of mass

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:21:24 UTC 2017

Dear Wei,

this drift indicates that you are not calculating forces accurately enough.
You can see forces in the output file by adding
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-4_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/PRINT/FORCES.html

Possible solutions are:

(i) use the GAPW method (add METHOD GAPW in the &QS section) - might be
slower
(ii) Increase the CUTOFF - try 600 or 800 ry, at some point GAPW might be
better
(iii) Use smoothing on the XC function
(iv) just subtract the COM motion to remove the drift (
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-4_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/MD.html#list_COMVEL_TOL
)

Matt