[CP2K:9763] MGRID vs KPOINTS for small systems

hut... at chem.uzh.ch hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Mon Dec 4 08:33:08 UTC 2017

Hi

the actual grid sizes is calculated from the plane wave energy cutoff
and optimal sizes for 3-d FFTs. Defining grid spacings would result
in similar results, but the actual grid spacing in the calculation would
most likely differ from the input.
Energy cutoffs are the standard units for accuracy in electronic structure
calculations.

regards

Juerg
Juerg Hutter                         Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Institut für Chemie C                FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
Universität Zürich                   E-mail: hut... at chem.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland

-----cp... at googlegroups.com wrote: -----To: cp2k <cp... at googlegroups.com>