The confusing of the results of DOS calculated by cp2k (the Fermi level is not in the band gap)

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:50:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

there is not a problem.

CP2K reports the fermi level at the same energy as the HOMO. Your
smearing-pdos script broadens the energy of the highest level so it looks
like there is DOS slightly above the reported fermi level.  But this is
just an artifact of the broadening applied for plotting - e'd guess this
might be set by the 'ww = 0.08' in your script - try reducing this and see.

Matt