[CP2K:8901] BCN sheet for molecular dynamics

Ralph Koitz ralph... at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 17:41:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what exactly you are looking for, as far as input files.

For generating graphene/BN sheet structures, I'm attaching a small script
that could perhaps be helpful. You can use it as follows
    ./mkbn.py a n_x n_y

where a is the in-plane lattice constant in angstroms (around 2.5), and
n_x, n_y is the number of repeat units in x and y directions, respectively.
The output is provided in xyz format to standard output, which you can
redirect to a file.

The script gives you a hexagonal boron nitride sheet, which can be turned
into graphene by replacing B and N by C.
The second line in the file contains the 3 cell vectors for use in the
&CELL section of cp2k.

Hope that helps,
Ralph

PS: Please doublecheck generated structures and use at your own risk.