Problems installing libgrid

Daniele Fontanari danielef... at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 07:00:01 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install cp2k (downloaded from git) and optimizing through the
installation of libgrid tools/autoune.
I've encountered two problems in the build process (through the script
generate_makefile.sh which create the Makefile).
The first one is that inside the Makefile (in the section generate.x) it
uses the flag "-target=native" which is not recognized by my gfortran, I
guessed that maybe it was meant to be "-march=native"?
The second one is that the test are done (to my understanding) by feeding
to generate.x some files generate_${l}_${iopt}.in (through generate.x <
generate_${l}_${iopt}.in) and the generate_${l}_${iopt}.in itself are
created by echoing inside some strings. Problem is (for me) that the command
echo -e "something" is used and this make the string "-e something" appears
inside the file instead of "something"

I understand that being generate_makefile.sh 7 month old this is probably
related to some misconfiguration of my system, and I'd like to know your
opinion about this, but I solved my problem by replacing "echo -e" and
"echo  -e" inside Makefile with "echo" and "target=native" with "march=native"
and everything seems to work fine. This should be achieved by applying the
patch  attached.
This is not really well tested, it modifies the generate_makefile.sh, you
can still achieve the same using the original generate_makefile.sh and then
invoking the command

"sed -i -e 's/echo -e/echo/g' -e 's/echo  -e/echo/g' -e
's/target=native/march=native/g' Makefile"

Thanks
Daniele