[CP2K:8283] CP2K vs Gaussian, H2O move away from Ni-4L complex, however, H2O stays on Ni-4L complex, Why?

J. Ye jingyu... at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:43:27 UTC 2016

Hi Juerg,

Just update some information.
6-31G for (C, H, O) SDD for Ni.   |    BASIS_MOPLOT
                             SDD            |    GTH_POTENTIALS
isolated                                    |     in a 40*40*40 box
(periodic none)

I am testing a new CP2K job. Every thing is same with my posted input
except I switch the Basis set to EMSL (6-31g for C, H, O and def2-qzvp for
Ni) and see what's the difference.

I have another question. If I have a Ni4 cluster which should have
spin(M=9). If I load this Ni4 cluster on Al2O3 surface and want to do a
periodic calculation for catalytic reaction, should I considered the same
spin (M=9) for Ni4/Al2O3 with isolated Ni4 cluster?

How do you handle this system?

Thanks.