[CP2K:7271] Difficulty with vibrational analysis

Satish Kumar satis... at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:55:24 UTC 2016

Hello Natalie

I ran into the same issue with my system. Molden files are not written for
frozen systems. There was a post in the forum that suggested editing some
of the source code to make it work though. That however, I am not
comfortable doing. So, I wrote a script, which definitely is not the best
script to extract the data from the output file into molden format. The
scritpt is attached.

All you need to do hopefully is change the filenames in line 17 and 25.
vibrations.mol is the molden format file that will be generated.

HTH for whoever is looking for it.