Velocities

John Kattirtzi jkatt... at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 20:37:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm interested in doing some analysis on atomic velocities but I only
printed the positions at every time step. I was thinking I could get
v(average)= [pos(t=1)- pos(t=0) / dt]. My positions are in angstrom and my
timestep is 0.5 fs. If I do a short test and compare one timestep to the
printed velocities they are different (of course I convert units of printed
velocities from a.u before comparing). Does this mean that the average
velocities are meaningless or have I forgotten an additional contribution?

Many thanks in advance.

John