dipole moment calculation for smearing condition

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:22:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

I think, for neutral systems, if you are running a slab, then the intensity
in the non-periodic direction should be OK - make sure you centre the slab
in the cell. There is no way of reliably getting the in-plane intensities
atm, to my knowledge.

Whether things are reliable for your charged system, I really do not know.
In principle the dipole is not so well defined in this case, only the full
multipole expansion ... but changes in dipole might be OK.

Matt