comparing energies of finite clusters in boxes of different size

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:53:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

above a certain box size for a given system the energy should be
essentially constant for the isolated system. There may be some noise if
you change the box size if your cutoff is not sufficiently large.

If you are paranoid (careful) you could rerun smaller systems in your
largest cell and check that the energies are consistent (note you can
restart from wfn files whilst changing the box, so this shouldn't be very
expensive).

Matt