Indirect spin-spin coupling

Hossam Elgabarty hossam.e... at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:50:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

When calculating the isotropic spin-spin coupling, one gets a file
"JOBNAME-K-1.data". The file lists the coupling values in units of Hz. But
it seems to me that it actually gives the reduced spin-coupling constant,
which then needs to be scaled (by a factor involving the gyromagnetic
ratios of the two nuclei), in order to get the j-coupling in frequency
units, am I correct?

A related question that is also relevant for hyperfine couplings: I can see
that periodic_table.F contains only the gyromagnetic ratio of one isotope
per element, is it possible to specify a different isotopic gyromagnetic
ratio (e.g. in the %KIND section)?

Best Regards,

Hossam