[CP2K:7757] BSSE Calculation while using two copper types

S. Ling lsl.m... at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:33:48 UTC 2016

Correction: You should calculate the BSSE-corrected binding energy with
both "monomers" in the dimer geometry (this is what &BSSE does in CP2K),
not from independently optimised "monomer" geometry (your first
calculation), especially if the host-guest interaction is strong. See this
document for more
discussion, http://vergil.chemistry.gatech.edu/notes/cp.pdf

As I pointed out, the electronic configuration of Cu2+ ions will affect the
host-guest interaction in your case, so you will need to set up the
electronic configurations correctly.

SL